RISE23 Call for Proposals
Deadline to Submit
All proposals must be submitted using the form below by October 7, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
The National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) will host RISE23, the world's largest conference on addiction, mental health, and justice reform, June 26-29, 2023, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.
RISE brings together leaders from all models of treatment courts, the recovery community, law enforcement, veteran service organizations, legislators, and other key stakeholders to learn the latest evidence-based practices for serving individuals with substance use and mental health disorders in the justice system.
NADCP is seeking proposals for sessions/workshops that present best practices in service delivery, collaboration, and justice programming that enhance outcomes in treatment courts, including adult, juvenile, and family treatment courts, DWI courts, mental health courts, reentry courts, tribal healing to wellness courts, and veterans treatment courts.
NADCP strongly encourages proposals for sessions that present research findings and their impact on practice, feature data analysis, and highlight evidence-based practice implementation. While NADCP will accept and schedule sessions that cover a wide range of topics, we are especially interested in justice reform research-based programming, the unique needs of justice-involved veterans, family-centered practices, law enforcement personnel, pretrial services, equity and inclusion, effective addiction and mental health treatment, long-term recovery management, and community supervision.
The selection process is competitive. Proposals will be selected based on their relevance to the field; ability to address cross-functional policy/program areas; engaging format; interactive design; style, clarity, and originality; relevance to a national audience; and the subject matter expertise and training experience of the presenters. Please review the selection criteria below:
- Sessions may be 1.25 hours or 3 hours in length.
- If proposing a panel format, a maximum of three (3) panelists and one (1) moderator is allowed.
- When completing the "Session Description" and "Learning Objectives" portions of this application, please craft language that could be used in the official RISE program and mobile app to describe your session. If your application is accepted, this section of your application may be included in the final program and mobile app.
- Presenters agree to provide NADCP with final electronic copies of any slide decks and/or handout materials for their session(s) no later than Monday, May 19, 2023. All materials, in PDF format, will be made available to attendees via the RISE mobile app. All handouts will be submitted to state and national accreditation boards for continuing education credit approval.
- RISE speakers are expected to register for the conference and pay for their own travel/lodging expenses. Speakers receive a discounted registration fee of $495.
NADCP may publish part or all of the proceedings of this conference. By presenting at RISE, you agree that NADCP has the right to include your presentation in a future publication and/or on its websites if NADCP so chooses. You are not precluded from publishing your material elsewhere, nor is NADCP obligated to include it in any book, monograph, scholarly journal, or other communication that may arise from this conference.